For the fifth year in a row, the incidence of STIs is on the rise. In 2018, there were 1.8 million newly diagnosed cases of Chlamydia and 580,000 newly diagnosed cases of Gonorrhea. Both STIs are seeing increased rates of infection despite being fully curable after diagnosis.
These two STIs are often asymptomatic (meaning you show no symptoms) and the only way to know whether you have an infection is through routine & regular testing.
That’s why at Ash our core mission is to make sexual health and wellness inclusive and accessible. We do this by making STI testing easy. No judgments. No labels. Just easy STI testing in the comfort of your home.
- Chlamydia is the most commonly reported STI in the United States.
- Most people who have a chlamydia infection do not have symptoms.
- Gonorrhea is a very common infection, especially among young people who are 15–24.
- Most people who have a gonorrhea infection do not have symptoms, and if they do, they are very mild and may go unnoticed or untreated.
We’ve heard from many Ash users about how they’ve avoided testing completely because they fear positive results.
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea are both completely curable as long as you follow the treatment prescribed by a medical professional (essentially antibiotics or penicillin).
- STIs are NORMAL, many many people get them. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that nearly 20 million new STIs occur every year in this country, half of those among young people aged 15–24.
- Testing with www.meetash.com is easy!
As we expand our testing menu to include more STIs — will share more information about each of them. Remember if you have any questions or feedback for us — feel free to reach out at email@example.com and will get back to you ASAP.
Follow us on Insta for our latest updates and lots of fun content.
-The Ash Team :)